COVID-19 SALIVA TEST
ExecHealth is pleased to offer its clients the Agena Bioscience Covid-19 saliva PCR test. Clients have successfully utilized this test for travel purposes. However, please note that it is the patient’s responsibility to ensure
- that the destination country will accept this test
- that the destination country will accept a saliva PCR test (the Agena test is not done by nasopharyngeal sample)
- that the sample arrives at the lab at the designated time to ensure timely results
Agena Bioscience protocol for the SARS-Cov-2 Panel on the Mass Spectrometry System which is highly accurate. The panel is approved for RUO by FDA and waiting for EUA approval from FDA, Health Canada and CE-IVD). The SARS-CoV-2 Panel (RUO) achieves high sensitivity and specificity with a limit of detection of 10 viral copies. The saliva sample collection kit by Zymo Research is registered under FDA and CE-IVD. Additional technical information about this test can be found on the Agena web site https://agenabio.com/
- Make an appointment to pick up the kit at our clinic
- Purchase the kit from our clinic – $225 plus HST (kits are non-refundable)
- Take the kit home, provide a saliva sample into the kit tube
- Overnight courier the sample to the testing laboratory in Toronto (AT THE CLIENT’S EXPENSE). It is up to the client to find a courier that will guarantee delivery before 10am.
- Lab runs the test on Mon, Tues, Wed and Thurs morning at 10 a.m.
- If the sample arrives before 10 a.m., then the results and travel certificate are available by email the following day by 12:00 p.m. (noon). SAMPLE MUST ARRIVE BEFORE 10 A.M OR IT WILL NOT BE RUN UNTIL THE NEXT DAY.
- Lab does not run tests on the weekend. Samples received on Fri, Sat and Sun will be run on Monday (results available on Tuesday)
PLEASE ONLY CALL THE CLINIC AT 613-288-1238 TO PURCHASE A KIT