ExecMD Ongoing Care Program
Individuals and families looking for a premium health service may enrol in ExecHealth’s ongoing care program. This program is designed to provide year round comprehensive care for all ages – from newborn to the elderly.
By maintaining a small practice size ExecHealth offers an exceptional level of care and convenience, including:
- Assignment of a physician led team to proactively manage medical and health issues.
- Annual preventive health exam which consists of advanced blood screening, diagnostic testing and thorough physical examination
- Guaranteed same-day or next-day medical appointment bookings throughout the year
- Punctual, unhurried appointments with your physician
- Access to our international network of specialists
- A medial concierge service to expedite specialist appointments, imaging (such as MRIs) and surgeries through private channels when public wait times are too long
- Onsite access to physician supervised services including nutrition and physiotherapy
Many of the services provided in our Ongoing Care Program are not covered by OHIP. The annual membership fee covers all uninsured services included in this program.
For a list of uninsured services that are fully covered by the membership fee, see our Uninsured Services Fee Schedule.
For information about The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario block fees and uninsured services policy, visit their website at www.cpso.on.ca.
Comprehensive Health Assessment
Comprehensive Health Assessments are ideally suited to individuals who wish to proactively manage their health and increase the probability of avoiding serious disease. These 4 ½ hours assessments go far beyond standard physicals and include:
- Medical history and lifestyle assessment
- Thorough physical examination and consultation with a licensed physician
- Comprehensive blood testing panel
- Detailed diagnostic testing for the early detection of cancer, heart disease and other conditions
- Updating of immunizations as required
- Body composition analysis, nutritional counselling and meal planning with a registered dietitian
- Benchmarking of cardiovascular fitness and strength
- Physio assessment with a registered physiotherapist
- Written report and action plan to maintain or improve your health
Advances in men’s health have helped to increase male life expectancy in Canada from 79.4 years in 1979 to 81.1 years in 2009. However; men’s life expectancy still lags that of women. As such, men need to pay close attention to their health – particularly to cardiovascular disease and cancer.
ExecHealth’s men’s health program is uniquely designed to assess and address issues specific to our male clientele. Our goal is to identify preventable health problems and address them at an early stage.
Our men’s health team is able to provide the most current testing and advice on a range of male health issues including andropause (a decline in testosterone which can affect sex drive, muscle and bone health, energy and mood), erectile dysfunction, benign prostate hypertrophy and prostate cancer.
ExecHealth recognizes that women have specific health concerns that may not be routinely addressed. That is why we have developed a protocol specific to our female clients, and are able to address individual needs.
Our women’s health team is able to provide the most current advice on a range of women’s health issues. Although our protocol is tailored to the needs of the individual, our female clients can expect the following to be included in their annual health assessment:
- Gynaecological examination
- Breast examination
- PAP smear
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Breast cancer, ovarian cancer and cervical cancer risk evaluation
- Work-life balance and stress counselling
- Counselling and testing related to menopause, menstrual syndrome, fertility, osteoporosis, etc.
- Iron deficiency screening
- Mammography (> 40 yrs)
Our women’s health specialists are further able to provide procedures such as IUD insertions / extractions and endometrial biopsies onsite.
Teen / Young Adult Health
Adolescence (ages 10-19) and young adulthood (ages 20-24) represent two critical stages of growth in which health choices can have a lasting impact on one’s life. These stages also represent a time in one’s life when social pressures may cause individuals to engage in behaviours that can jeopardize their health and safety.
In addition to providing thorough medical care, ExecHealth’s physicians understand that young people may need extra time to discuss other issues that may impact their physical and emotional health. Our physicians take time to discuss issues such as smoking, sexual health and mental health with young adults and remain available via telephone and video chat if clients are away at school or travelling.
Should mental health intervention be required, ExecHealth’s in-house psychologists are expert in dealing with young adults and work with directly with our physicians to provide coordinated care.
Nutrition and Sports Performance
Whether your goal is to control a medical condition such as high blood pressure, cholesterol or heart disease, decrease your weight, get an edge on sports performance or simply to increasing your energy level; proper eating is essential. ExecHealth offers several nutrition packages tailored to the specific concerns of our clients, and works to accommodate their busy schedules.
ExecHealth combines science and technology in its approach to nutrition. Our registered dietitians use blood analysis and cutting edge InBody® technology to accurately determine an individual’s body composition, including:
- total body water
- dry lean muscle mass
- body fat mass
- skeletal muscle mass
- body mass index
- percent body fat
Using this detailed information, our registered dieticians will evaluate your eating habits and provide you with a meal plan and personalized recommendations. We understand the challenges busy people face in terms of maintaining a healthy diet and employ a practical approach to healthy eating by providing clients manageable eating plans suited for their individual circumstances.
Laboratory and Medical Imaging
Clients enrolled in the ExecHealth Ongoing Care Program benefit from laboratory and imaging services which can be arranged on an expedited basis through private channels when public wait times are too long.
Laboratory services (e.g. blood and urine testing) are done on-site and results are available within 48 hours.
Private medical imaging (e.g. MRI, CT, PET scans) is available through partner clinics and can be scheduled within 24-48 hours.
Types of services available:
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI)
- Computed Tomography (CT)
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET)
- X-Ray and Fluoroscopy
- Abdominal Ultrasound
- Bone Mass Densitometry (BMD)
Medical Concierge Service
ExecHealth’s medical concierge service works to expedite surgeries, specialist appointments and imaging on behalf of ExecHealth clients. Your concierge can help navigate the public system or provide private options when public wait times are too long.
Our belief is that quality care cannot be hurried and treating multiple patients at one time reduces the level of care. ExecHealth physiotherapists see only one patient at-a-time and do not delegate treatment to support staff. This highly focussed attention, utilizing only proven techniques, results in superior care and results.
ExecHealth is pleased to offer video or telephone appointments. These virtual appointments are conducted by ExecHealth’s own physicians and offer a convenient and socially distanced alternative to an in-person appointment. Of course, not all medical issues can be addressed virtually. In-person follow-up appointments can be booked on the same-day or next-day if a physical examination or diagnostics are required.